I am a doctoral student in computer science based in Zurich, Switzerland 🇨🇭. From 2019, I am a scientific assistant of the Computational Robotics Lab, ETH Zurich, under the supervision of Prof. Stelian Coros.
The goal of my research is to create legged robots that exhibit natural and animal-like behaviors. Thus, my research interests are broad ranging from legged locomotion control to computational models of character animation.
Apart from my professional bio, I am originally from Seoul, South Korea 🇰🇷. Describing myself, I am a video game fan, and a classical music lover.
I am currently looking for self-motivated Master students (from ETH or students from any other institutes who can visit ETH Zurich by an available exchanging program) who are passionate to join our journey to build a bio-inspired legged robot. If you are intested in participating in one of our 3-month (14-weeks, part-time) or 6-month (full-time) research projects at Computational Robotics Lab, please see more details here if you are interested.
The Computational Robotics Lab is looking for a talented mechatronics engineer who has a strong background in designing, and building a robotic system. If you are interested in joing CRL as a part-time or a full-time research engineer, please contact us through
crl-jobs (at) inf (dot) ethz (dot) ch: more details are availabe here.
|Oct 16, 2023||My recent collaborative work titled “Tuning Legged Locomotion Controllers via Safe Bayesian Optimization,” co-authored with Daniel Widmer, Bhavya Sukhija, and Jonas Hübotter, under the guidance of Prof. Andreas Krause and Prof. Stelian Coros, has been accepted to the 7th Annual Conference on Robot Learning (CoRL 2023)! Visit the project website to learn more.|
|Aug 23, 2023||We present our latest work, “RL + Model-based Control: Using On-demand Optimal Control to Learn Versatile Legged Locomotion”. The paper is published to the IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L) journal. To learn more about the paper, please visit the project website.|
|Jun 30, 2022||I am happy to announce my paper, "Animal Motions on Legged Robots Using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control" has been accepted to 2022 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2022).|
|Jul 9, 2021|| I am happy to announce my two papers have been accepted to 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2021): |
|Mar 7, 2020||I am happy to announce that I am starting my Ph.D. at ETH Computational Robotics Lab. with the guidance of Prof. Stelian Coros. I participate in legged robot projects of CRL, and work with GhostRobotics Vision 60, Unitree Laikago robots.|
- Tuning Legged Locomotion Controllers via Safe Bayesian Optimization2023
- RL + Model-Based Control: Using On-Demand Optimal Control to Learn Versatile Legged LocomotionIEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2023
- Animal Motions on Legged Robots Using Nonlinear Model Predictive ControlIn 2022 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2022
- Nonlinear Model Predictive Control for Quadrupedal Locomotion Using Second-Order Sensitivity Analysis2022
- Animal Gaits on Quadrupedal Robots Using Motion Matching and Model-Based ControlIn 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2021
- Control-Aware Design Optimization for Bio-Inspired Quadruped RobotsIn 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2021