I am a doctoral student in computer science based in Zurich, Switzerland. From 2019, I am a member of Computational Robotics Lab, ETH Zurich, led by Prof. Stelian Coros.
My research aims to generate natural, animal-like legged robot motion. Thus, my research interests are broad ranging to legged locomotion control, computational model of character animation and finally design optimization for robotics applications.
Other than my professional bio, I am from Seoul, South Korea 🇰🇷 and currently live in Zurich, Switzerland 🇨🇭. As I describe myself, I am an open source enthusiast, a video game fan, and a classical music lover. In my free time, I hike beautiful mountains in Switzerland, play video games, go to orchestral concerts and watch Ghibli and Disney movies (specifically, I am a big fan of Star Wars series). :D
I am currently looking for self-motivated Master students (from ETH or students from any other institutes who can visit ETH Zurich by an available exchanging program) who are passionate to join our journey to build a bio-inspired legged robot. If you are intested in participating in one of our 3-month (14-weeks, part-time) or 6-month (full-time) research projects at Computational Robotics Lab. Please see more details here if you are interested.
|May 19, 2022||I am presenting my recent work, "Nonlinear Model Predictive Control for Quadrupedal Locomotion Using Second-Order Sensitivity Analysis" in 6th Full-Day Workshop on Legged Robots that is held at ICRA 2022 on May 27 (Friday). If you are interested, please join the workshop and find me!|
|Sep 27, 2021||IROS 2021 starts today! My presentation "Animal Gaits on Quadrupedal Robots Using Motion Matching and Model Based Control" will take place on 30.09.2021 Thursday, at 16:25. Prerecorded video presentation is also available on YouTube.|
|Jul 9, 2021||
I am happy to announce my two papers have been accepted to 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2021):
|Mar 7, 2020||I am happy to announce that I am starting my Ph.D. at ETH Computational Robotics Lab. with the guidance of Prof. Stelian Coros. I participate in legged robot projects of CRL, and work with GhostRobotics Vision 60, Unitree Laikago robots.|
|Dec 20, 2019||I recently joined ETH Computational Robotics Lab (Prof. Dr. Stelian Coros) as an research assistant. I'm working on physics-based simulator and control of quadrupedal robots.|
- Animal Motions on Legged Robots Using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control2022
- Nonlinear Model Predictive Control for Quadrupedal Locomotion Using Second-Order Sensitivity AnalysisIn ICRA 2022: 6th Full-Day Workshop on Legged Robots 2022
- Animal Gaits on Quadrupedal Robots Using Motion Matching and Model-Based ControlIn 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2021
- Control-Aware Design Optimization for Bio-Inspired Quadruped RobotsIn 2021 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2021
- End-to-End Collision Avoidance from Depth Input with Memory-based Deep Reinforcement Learning2019
- 2-D cooperative localization with omni-directional mobile robotsIn 2015 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI) 2015